Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Towns: Time for some good news
- "No Town Immune": Data and reporting
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Righting the Tesco Supertanker?
- Research Projects
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Turning Around another Supertanker; Marks and Spencer
- Shops opening and expanding, queues outside: the High Street picture that’s not making the national news
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Shopping Centres
Last Friday afternoon I attended a launch of the new Amazon inspired and supported Clicks and Mortar store in the Waverley Mall, Edinburgh. This is the third such store and the first in Scotland; ten are planned in total over … Continue reading
It was an eye-catching gimmick, and it did the job, getting media coverage (and me onto the radio (again)). In early February, at a London auction The Postings shopping centre in Kirkcaldy was put up for sale with a reserve … Continue reading
2017 was the 50th Anniversary of the opening of the University of Stirling. There were a number of celebrations and activities, as well as periods of reflection. One of the events on campus was an exhibition about 1967. This involved … Continue reading
Back in the warmth of Singapore for our graduation and alumni events and associated student and other meetings, and there seemed to be only one question people had for me; what could be done about Singapore’s ailing retail sector? On … Continue reading