Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- 2020 on the Blog – a reflection
- Journal Articles 2011
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
- Herkku Food Market Delicatessen – Helsinki
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Scottish and Online Retail Sales in Lockdown
- Openings and Closures in 2020 - but of what?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Shopping Centres
In my last post, I considered some of the best and worst behaviours we have seen in food retailing during the COVID-19 crisis to date. Now we have the Government lockdown and the splitting of retailing into essential and non-essential … Continue reading
Last Friday afternoon I attended a launch of the new Amazon inspired and supported Clicks and Mortar store in the Waverley Mall, Edinburgh. This is the third such store and the first in Scotland; ten are planned in total over … Continue reading
It was an eye-catching gimmick, and it did the job, getting media coverage (and me onto the radio (again)). In early February, at a London auction The Postings shopping centre in Kirkcaldy was put up for sale with a reserve … Continue reading
2017 was the 50th Anniversary of the opening of the University of Stirling. There were a number of celebrations and activities, as well as periods of reflection. One of the events on campus was an exhibition about 1967. This involved … Continue reading