Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
16.08.2018 New article added to the publications section
02.08.2018 Publications updated to include three new articles
12.07.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Media Commentary 2018
- Challenging Times in Food Retailing, continued
- Three Go To An Exhibition
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Retail Threads in the Scottish Diaspora Tapestry - Sir Thomas Lipton
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Journal Articles 2018
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Shopfronts
Every two years the conference of the European Association for Education and Research in Commercial Distribution (EAERCD) comes around. Now in its 19th incarnation, this academic conference attracts retail scholars from across the globe to present and discuss their latest … Continue reading
As readers of this blog will know, I have always had an interest in the history of retailing and companies and businesses of the past. A good example has been the ongoing work with Neil Tyler around Sanders Bros, but … Continue reading
Just before Christmas I found myself in Brixton – as one does – and in wandering the streets passed by the H&M. As you might see from my photograph below, it is housed in a fine building. My immediate reaction … Continue reading