Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Fighting Fit? Independent Convenience Stores and the Public Health Agenda
- Going Self-Service - a 70 year old revolution?
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Confidence, Cash and Friction: Shopping in Scotland
- Pretty Vacant
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Self-Scanning
There has been quite a lot of attention in the last few days on the Amazon Go unit in Seattle being opened to the public. Much has focused on whether this is the end of retail work and how fast … Continue reading
What with the announcement by a number of retailers that they are re-considering the tone of voice and announcements made by their self service checkouts and others who are removing such non-human (inhuman?) equipment, it has not been a good … Continue reading
Monday nights won’t be the same without Robert Peston – now there’s a phrase that does not come along every day. But the last three weeks have seen Peston’s excellent BBC series on Retailing and Shopping in the UK since … Continue reading