Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Towns: Time for some good news
- "No Town Immune": Data and reporting
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Righting the Tesco Supertanker?
- Research Projects
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Turning Around another Supertanker; Marks and Spencer
- Shops opening and expanding, queues outside: the High Street picture that’s not making the national news
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Regulation
The last 2019 Cross Party Group for Independent Convenience Stores, held last week, was a cracker. With all the excitement of the AGM (not really), it was almost too much to have three excellent presentations on retailing and the public … Continue reading
I am in the fortunate position of being able to get involved in two Scottish Parliament Cross Party Groups; one on Towns and Town Centres linked to Scotland’s Towns Partnership, and one on Independent Convenience Stores linked to the Scottish … Continue reading
As Private Eye put it, serialised exclusively across all newspapers, this book says that Philip Green is not a nice person. “Quelle surprise” as they may say in Croydon. But on the other hand, Oliver Shah is the Sunday Times … Continue reading
My fascination with markets is pretty well known and has been rolled out in posts in this blog on a regular basis. One of the markets that has featured has been Cardiff Market; somewhere I have been visiting for over … Continue reading