Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
12.02.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
22.1.18 A little bit of post new year tidying up and updating done, especially in relation to media
Top Posts & Pages
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Scottish Grocers’ Federation Retail Excellence Awards 2014: Store of the Year
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Hail The Town! The Scottish Town in the Age of the Enlightenment
- The Wonder of Woolies - continued
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Scotland's Shops and Shopfronts: history and future?
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Regeneration
Following on from my personal wander around Lisbon and the Mercado da Ribeira (Part One), and on the day after my keynote presentation on retail, consumption and urban governance (the overheads are here), the conference had its own ambulation around … Continue reading
It has been some time since I was in Lisbon and thus it was a pleasure to receive an invite to present a keynote to a conference on retail, consumption and urban governance, especially in early autumn, which is slightly … Continue reading
For most in Scotland, November 9th will probably be recalled as the day President Trump became a reality. The irony that that day was the 27th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall will not be lost on some … Continue reading
Downloadable versions of this post are available here (word) and here (pdf). The attraction of many international delegates to the inaugural World Towns Summit in Edinburgh in June 2016 was eloquent testimony to the perception that Scotland has led the … Continue reading