Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- The Architecture of England's Co-operative Movement
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Retail Change in Scotland at Local Authority Level 2008-2014
- Feeding the (Potentially Rather Ill) Nation?
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Vacancies and Store Closures
- Orkney - the Second Leg
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- HoF: House of Fools?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Public Health lev
The UK Government has recently published a set of proposals and statements about restricting commercial activity as part of an approach to tackle obesity. We have also seen the first stage of a ‘National’ Food Strategy be published. In Scotland … Continue reading
This blog has covered the issue of rates on a number of occasions (e.g. rates relief, a levy, some rates and the Grimsey report, the poll tax and business rates) never fully satisfactory, and indeed, re-reading the pieces, with a … Continue reading
The financial results for Tesco last week brought forward a lot of comment and some interesting thoughts, not least the looming pension deficit and the exceptional items booked into the accounts. Oh, and the underlying performance, which was quite good. … Continue reading