Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
16.08.2018 New article added to the publications section
02.08.2018 Publications updated to include three new articles
12.07.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Free the Fife One!
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- The ‘squeezed middle’ and the domino effect in the grocery supply chain
- Taxing Times: Tesco and Poland
- Town Centre Toolkit Launched on the New Scotland's Towns Partnership Portal
- A Lidl Surprise?
- Fully Funded ESRC Collaborative PhD Studentship on Scottish convenience store retailing
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Promotion
The last few weeks of 2016 saw the release in early view of two new articles on which I am co-author. Both are slightly unrelated directly to retailing, but they do have tangential interest for those who know my broader … Continue reading
Just a normal week then; Tesco abandoning China, Greggs complaining about the British weather – too hot again, and John Lewis sales down 43% (oh, ok that was their Westfield Stratford store only) . But just when I thought it … Continue reading
Scotland’s relationship with fags and booze has been one of the main foci for this government. It is, as I’ve argued before, the fig leaf behind which hypocrisy, sorry modesty, is preserved, as in the laughably titled ‘health levy’. But … Continue reading