Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Logistics and Retail Management 5th Edition - now published
- Policy Interventions for Healthier Diets: Insights from Scotland
- Vacancies and Store Closures
- Debenhams and Tesco
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- The Next Ten Years of Grocery Retailing?
- Herkku Food Market Delicatessen – Helsinki
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Proactive Planning
For most in Scotland, November 9th will probably be recalled as the day President Trump became a reality. The irony that that day was the 27th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall will not be lost on some … Continue reading
Downloadable versions of this post are available here (word) and here (pdf). The attraction of many international delegates to the inaugural World Towns Summit in Edinburgh in June 2016 was eloquent testimony to the perception that Scotland has led the … Continue reading
There are many reasons why out-of-town development/greenfield development is the preferred option for many activities and development. Beyond retail we see cinemas, offices, hotels, sports facilities, schools – the list goes on – moving out of town centres. Some of … Continue reading