Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Of Cows and Elephants
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- HMV - predictable or what?
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Quant (ifying) the Past
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- The Scottish Diet and Retail Shops
- Efficiency or Idiocy?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Pressure
It has always baffled me; if Poundland lived up to its name and everything was a pound, then why was the average basket size not a round pound number? Anyhow it is a moot point now. The announcement that Poundland … Continue reading
A popular phrase used in media and other commentary on the UK grocery system is that “Small firms are being ‘squeezed’ by their powerful partners“. This is shorthand for financial pressures put on SMEs by large organisations such as grocery … Continue reading