Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
02.08.2018 2018 Publications updated to include three new articles
12.07.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Trading Places: our Town and Country Planning Columns
- Tesco Trails
- Shops opening and expanding, queues outside: the High Street picture that’s not making the national news
- A (Retail) Sense of Place
- Turning Around another Supertanker; Marks and Spencer
- The ‘squeezed middle’ and the domino effect in the grocery supply chain
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
- Tartan Cents: Linking the Scottish Global Diaspora
- HoF: House of Fools?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Post Offices
Our recent visit to Orkney was not meant to be about retailing or shops, but inevitably just wandering around Stromness and Kirkwall one can’t help but look at the retailing. As I noted in the earlier blog, the overwhelming sense … Continue reading
Last Thursday was dubbed Super Thursday by a number of analysts due to the sheer volume of results, trading updates and other news expected from retail companies. It did not disappoint in that Morrisons sold off their convenience stores and … Continue reading
A week or so back I was sent an email about the Alloa Town Centre Post Office being earmarked for closure or “rehoused with a retail partner”. Nothing new in that perhaps – our University post office was closed a … Continue reading