Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Tesco Trails
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Going Self-Service - a 70 year old revolution?
- Hull and Beyond
- Local Convenience Stores in a Challenging Retail Environment
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Twin Towns
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Post Offices
Our recent visit to Orkney was not meant to be about retailing or shops, but inevitably just wandering around Stromness and Kirkwall one can’t help but look at the retailing. As I noted in the earlier blog, the overwhelming sense … Continue reading
Last Thursday was dubbed Super Thursday by a number of analysts due to the sheer volume of results, trading updates and other news expected from retail companies. It did not disappoint in that Morrisons sold off their convenience stores and … Continue reading
A week or so back I was sent an email about the Alloa Town Centre Post Office being earmarked for closure or “rehoused with a retail partner”. Nothing new in that perhaps – our University post office was closed a … Continue reading