Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
March 2021 – Personal Biography redesigned and updated
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- The Place for Older Consumers
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Screen Time? Cinemas and Town Centres
- Webinar: "A New Future for Scotland's Town Centres"
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Retail Sales in Great Britain, January 2021
- Hail The Town! The Scottish Town in the Age of the Enlightenment
- 2020 - my year in articles
- A New Future for Scotland's Town Centres - (2) Summary of our Approach
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Post Offices
On the 22nd October the Co-op opened its latest convenience store, at the heart of the University of Stirling. This was the first Co-op franchise in Scotland and is part of the growth of the Co-op and the convenience and … Continue reading
Our recent visit to Orkney was not meant to be about retailing or shops, but inevitably just wandering around Stromness and Kirkwall one can’t help but look at the retailing. As I noted in the earlier blog, the overwhelming sense … Continue reading
Last Thursday was dubbed Super Thursday by a number of analysts due to the sheer volume of results, trading updates and other news expected from retail companies. It did not disappoint in that Morrisons sold off their convenience stores and … Continue reading
A week or so back I was sent an email about the Alloa Town Centre Post Office being earmarked for closure or “rehoused with a retail partner”. Nothing new in that perhaps – our University post office was closed a … Continue reading