Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
16.08.2018 New article added to the publications section
02.08.2018 Publications updated to include three new articles
12.07.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Free the Fife One!
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- The ‘squeezed middle’ and the domino effect in the grocery supply chain
- Taxing Times: Tesco and Poland
- Town Centre Toolkit Launched on the New Scotland's Towns Partnership Portal
- A Lidl Surprise?
- Fully Funded ESRC Collaborative PhD Studentship on Scottish convenience store retailing
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Places
Last week I ventured north to the ‘Fair City’ of Perth for a presentation at a Scottish Civic Trust and Perth Civic Trust evening event on the theme of Perth: Past, Present and Future. I had been given the task … Continue reading
Following on from my personal wander around Lisbon and the Mercado da Ribeira (Part One), and on the day after my keynote presentation on retail, consumption and urban governance (the overheads are here), the conference had its own ambulation around … Continue reading
It has been some time since I was in Lisbon and thus it was a pleasure to receive an invite to present a keynote to a conference on retail, consumption and urban governance, especially in early autumn, which is slightly … Continue reading
Anyone following my twitter feed (@sparks_stirling) will have encountered my fascination and interest in ghost signs. It has also been included in some musings from me and a guest contribution to this blog. I had a previous tendency to focus … Continue reading