Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- "If Not Now, When?" - the Social Renewal Advisory Board Report
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- 2020 - my year in articles
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Goodbye 2020 - Hello 2021 and beyond
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Opening Hours
The issue of opening hours for shops is something that has been an ever-present during my time as an academic. The product-based absurdities of the late 1970s and early 1980s were eventually swept away as opening hours were modernised and … Continue reading
I first encountered John Dawson when I was working in the City Council in Townsville, Northern Queensland. I was on a four-month exchange as a student and had been asked to do some research on shopping centres. As a consequence … Continue reading
A few weeks ago I was invited to a Public Finance/Deloitte roundtable on town centres and the high street, and asked to do an introductory piece to kick it off. I went with one my”professorial provocations” about which I’ve written … Continue reading