Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
January 2023 – Roll over of some areas for new year, plus The Conversation piece on Christmas trading updates published (see commentaries tab) and main posts
December 2022 – End of year tidying up and re-arrangement, including link to EDAS podcast on places and towns (see presentations tab)
April 2022 -new journal article published (Journal Articles page) on Twenty-One Years of Going Shopping and Marketing History
Top Posts & Pages
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Retail Armageddon - Non Food
- Logistics and Retail Management 5th Edition
- Singapore's Scary Monsters
- The Cost-of-living Crisis and its impact on Retailers and their Customers
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Retail Impact Assessments: Time for a Rethink?
- Oxford Street, Hull and Beyond
- Then there were three?
Writing About ...
Join 5,450 other subscribers
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Non-domestic rates
In January 2022 the Economy and Fair Work Committee of the Scottish Parliament began its preparation and work into its “Inquiry into Retail and Town Centres in Scotland”. As this blog has covered before, I gave evidence to the Inquiry … Continue reading →
It was good to get back out and about and to be in Galashiels on the 31st May for the launch of the Town Centre Action Plan. Last Autumn I wrote about the Great Tapestry of Scotland and its stunning … Continue reading →
One of the recommendations of the 2017 Barclay Review of the Non-Domestic Rates System in Scotland was that an evaluation of the Small Business Bonus Scheme (SBBS) be undertaken. Five years on, it has finally arrived, all 232 pages of … Continue reading →