Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
May 2021 – Journal Articles page updated with two new academic papers in Planning, Theory and Practice, and Sustainability, joining our Ageing & Society paper
March 2021 – Personal Biography redesigned and updated
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
Top Posts & Pages
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- How is Coronavirus affecting the UK's Retail Sector?
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- "Whose Town is it Anyway?" Reflections on Scotland's Towns Conference
- Donald Garvin Harris OBE 1938-2013
- Tesco Trails
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Merchandising
Visiting Helsinki for a couple of days (see blog here) allowed me also to experience a guided visit to the S-Group’s Herkku Food Market Delicatessen in the basement of the Stockmann Department Store. Stockmann is an institution in Finland, being … Continue reading
The Scottish diet has become a short-hand for unhealthy living. All the evidence points to its stubborn lack of change despite information, exhortation and even small measures of legislation. Whilst retailers and manufacturers have taken some actions on reformulation of … Continue reading
Many years ago, when I was on my Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Travelling Fellowship to North America, I was in Montreal at the same time as the F1 Grand Prix. This was by accident and the meetings and conference I … Continue reading
Celtic mysticism abounds in Stirling, mainly because a number of the retail staff here are Welsh – and those that aren’t, such as Steve Burt, wish they were – and so strange languages … Continue reading
… and the next phrase is NOT Moneysupermarket.com and their infuriating ads. Instead the answer is Peter Gabriel and his appearance (So …) in Glasgow last week. But unlike the last time I saw him in Glasgow, this time he … Continue reading