Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Lockdown 1990s style
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Media Commentary 2020
- Journal Articles 2020
- Retailing in Scotland's Largest Towns and Cities 2015
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Loyalty
The rise of the internet as a channel of purchase and distribution has been a major transformation for consumers and also for many retailers. Whilst distance selling including mail order had been present for centuries, the internet offers a radically … Continue reading
Over a long period, retail branding research, led by Steve Burt, has been one of the main areas of research for my colleagues and myself at the University of Stirling. I have written a couple of things on branding in … Continue reading
In the dim and distant past, when I first arrived at the University of Stirling, I was one of number of research follows and assistants involved in establishing the Institute for Retail Studies under the leadership of John Dawson. One … Continue reading
August is traditionally the silly season in the media, as journalists and readers/viewers take advantage of the summer weather and holidays (well that’s the theory) and disappear, leaving space for all sorts of outlandish reporting attempting to fill column inches, … Continue reading