Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- The Next Ten Years of Grocery Retailing?
- Yours for £1 (not really)
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- A Lidl Surprise?
- "Destination High Street - Restoring Vibrancy to Scotland's Towns"
- Some thoughts on the ASOS profit warning
- So you think you know Scottish Towns?
- Do Times Change? Cardiff Market
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: London
As promised, after my rather pessimistic review of some recent retail stories in the last blog, I want to turn to something a little more positive. The stories below that caught my attention are in one way the other side … Continue reading
I suspect that my interest in markets was sparked at a young age when my father would take me to the livestock market and my mother would take me to the open-air market (Cheapside) and to the covered food market, … Continue reading
I’ve just come off the radio after doing a short piece on the John Beattie Radio Scotland show about the introduction of carrier bag charging in Scotland. Some three and a bit years after I wrote about this, the Scottish … Continue reading
Earlier this week I had a number of meetings in London and for the last of them I was looking for a central café. I am not sure that’s quite how John Lewis on Oxford Street really likes to think … Continue reading