Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Tracking the Impact of Lockdown on Retailers
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
- Retailing, Shopping and Covid-19
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Have You Heard of Sanders Bros?
- Supermarket Nightmares: Keeping your Distance
- Research Projects
- Only in America?
- Journal Articles 2020
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Lidl
The last few weeks have been really quiet in retailing – no, just kidding. What with Brexit – and the uncertainty it has generated – beginning to take hold in the markets, the unfolding BHS and Sports Direct scandals putting … Continue reading
Some of you will recall that the Scottish Grocers Federation (SGF) organised a Study Day this year to Musselburgh, with the aim of looking at what the discounters have to offer and the competition that they “provide” to local convenience … Continue reading
Last Thursday was dubbed Super Thursday by a number of analysts due to the sheer volume of results, trading updates and other news expected from retail companies. It did not disappoint in that Morrisons sold off their convenience stores and … Continue reading
August is traditionally the silly season in the media, as journalists and readers/viewers take advantage of the summer weather and holidays (well that’s the theory) and disappear, leaving space for all sorts of outlandish reporting attempting to fill column inches, … Continue reading