Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2022 -new journal article published (Journal Articles page) on Twenty-One Years of Going Shopping and Marketing History
January 2022 – removal of some redundant pages, reordering of some material, the addition of some new pages (under Commentaries), and some changes to some of the text throughout
Top Posts & Pages
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Checkout the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Screen Time? Cinemas and Town Centres
- Queen Bees : Q-commerce, the on-demand world and the changing meaning of online retailing
- Stirling - Still All at C
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Hypermarkets
There has been quite a lot of attention in the last few days on the Amazon Go unit in Seattle being opened to the public. Much has focused on whether this is the end of retail work and how fast … Continue reading
I do not know whether to apologise or not for returning to the topic of Tesco – my last post on this generated some really interesting observations – given the acres of news and social media that has been devoted … Continue reading
Wow, Just Wow. It is almost beyond belief, and there may be more to come yet. I’ve written about the trials and tribulations of Tesco before (here and here for example), but have generally taken the view that a crisis … Continue reading