Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Christmas may be Cancelled
- Understanding Scottish Places: O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us
- A Lidl Surprise?
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- The ‘squeezed middle’ and the domino effect in the grocery supply chain
- Retail Disruptors - the spectacular rise and impact of the hard discounters
- Vacancies and Store Closures
- Food and Retailing Cultures: Zaragoza
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Hypermarkets
There has been quite a lot of attention in the last few days on the Amazon Go unit in Seattle being opened to the public. Much has focused on whether this is the end of retail work and how fast … Continue reading
I do not know whether to apologise or not for returning to the topic of Tesco – my last post on this generated some really interesting observations – given the acres of news and social media that has been devoted … Continue reading
Wow, Just Wow. It is almost beyond belief, and there may be more to come yet. I’ve written about the trials and tribulations of Tesco before (here and here for example), but have generally taken the view that a crisis … Continue reading