Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Retail Armageddon - Non Food
- Retail Armageddon
- Retail Armageddon or Reinvention?
- Christmas and more in March - but only for some
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Hail The Town! The Scottish Town in the Age of the Enlightenment
- Feeding the (Potentially Rather Ill) Nation?
- A Lidl Surprise?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Food
As a child I remember people mentioning the ‘milk train’ between London and South Wales, but was never sure if it was first up or last down or both. Before I married, my fiancée and I went to stay in … Continue reading
On a few occasions before, I have come back from somewhere and commented on the quality of food and/or retail culture that I have observed. I have then contrasted it with our own paucity of offer. I know this can … Continue reading
Visiting Helsinki for a couple of days (see blog here) allowed me also to experience a guided visit to the S-Group’s Herkku Food Market Delicatessen in the basement of the Stockmann Department Store. Stockmann is an institution in Finland, being … Continue reading