Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
16.08.2018 New article added to the publications section
02.08.2018 Publications updated to include three new articles
12.07.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Free the Fife One!
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Town Centre Toolkit Launched on the New Scotland's Towns Partnership Portal
- A Lidl Surprise?
- Fully Funded ESRC Collaborative PhD Studentship on Scottish convenience store retailing
- Try Before You Buy: A ‘Returns Tsunami’?
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: ESRC
On the 2nd December we launched our second Retailing in Scotland’s Towns and Cities report, at what we hope will become an annual Retail Summit date in the calendar. Our partnership with the … Continue reading
Early in 2014, Neil Wrigley from the University of Southampton, invited myself and my colleague, Anne Findlay, to contribute two short chapters to a forthcoming collection of pieces exploring social science perspectives on the Evolving High Street. In particular he … Continue reading
The Local Data Company/University of Stirling 2nd Scottish Retail Summit will be held on the 2nd December at KPMG in Edinburgh. The Summit will update our report from last year and reveal the new retail vacancy for Scotland and our … Continue reading
As I have blogged before, we have been successful in obtaining a fully-funded ESRC Phd Studentship to study Scotland’s Town Centres. This is a three year collaborative award with myself and Anne Findlay as the Academic Supervisors and Matthew Hopkinson … Continue reading