Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
May 2021 – Journal Articles page updated with two new academic papers in Planning, Theory and Practice, and Sustainability, joining our Ageing & Society paper
March 2021 – Personal Biography redesigned and updated
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
Top Posts & Pages
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- National Planning Framework 4 - the consultation
- Should every encouragement have an equal and opposite discouragement?
- Retail Impact Assessments: Time for a Rethink?
- Fighting Fit? Independent Convenience Stores and the Public Health Agenda
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- A New Future for Scotland's Town Centres - (1) Introduction to our Report
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Environmental Quality
Our recent visit to Orkney was not meant to be about retailing or shops, but inevitably just wandering around Stromness and Kirkwall one can’t help but look at the retailing. As I noted in the earlier blog, the overwhelming sense … Continue reading
There has been a lot of doom and gloom around in the last few weeks about the state of retail and high streets across the country. There is clearly a new changed set of circumstances around consumer behaviours and the … Continue reading
Last Tuesday was one of those days where I was sort of double-booked, and ended up doing two conference presentations, though I prefer to think of it as enhanced academic productivity. In the morning, I presented on the strategic role … Continue reading