Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Retailing in Scotland's Largest Towns and Cities 2015
- Journal Articles 2019
- A Lidl Surprise?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Retail Disruptors - the spectacular rise and impact of the hard discounters
- The Future of Shopping Centres in Scotland's Towns
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Unlocking the Potential of Scotland's Towns
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Employment
There has been quite a lot of attention in the last few days on the Amazon Go unit in Seattle being opened to the public. Much has focused on whether this is the end of retail work and how fast … Continue reading
Everyone pretty much agrees these days that we are living in an era of ‘fake news’, or outright lies as it would be better called. You know the sort of things – £350m per week to spend on the NHS, … Continue reading
The issue of opening hours for shops is something that has been an ever-present during my time as an academic. The product-based absurdities of the late 1970s and early 1980s were eventually swept away as opening hours were modernised and … Continue reading
Under the headline “Retailers urge Holyrood policy change to stem decline”, Scotland on Sunday on the 11th September (article here) reported on a ‘call to arms’ from the Scottish Retail Consortium (SRC) arguing for more support from the Scottish Government … Continue reading