Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Great Expectations
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Openings and Closures in 2020 - but of what?
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
- Footfall, Curfews and Data
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Employment practices
The impact of COVID-19 has hit retailers in different ways. We are now beginning to see the official figures and some retailers have provided updates. As anticipated in a previous post, the April sales figures for Scotland showed a massive … Continue reading
In my last post, I considered some of the best and worst behaviours we have seen in food retailing during the COVID-19 crisis to date. Now we have the Government lockdown and the splitting of retailing into essential and non-essential … Continue reading
The issue of opening hours for shops is something that has been an ever-present during my time as an academic. The product-based absurdities of the late 1970s and early 1980s were eventually swept away as opening hours were modernised and … Continue reading