Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Screen Time? Cinemas and Town Centres
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Stopping Doing Harm to our Town Centres
- A New Future for Scotland's Towns - (3) Recommendations
- "If Not Now, When?" - the Social Renewal Advisory Board Report
- A New Future for Scotland's Town Centres - (1) Introduction to our Report
- Webinar: "A New Future for Scotland's Town Centres"
- Goodbye 2020 - Hello 2021 and beyond
- COVID-19 and Christmas
- How is Coronavirus affecting the UK's Retail Sector?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Education
I’ve mentioned it a couple of times in this blog, but more often on Twitter – 2017/18 is the 50th Anniversary of the founding of the University of Stirling. Whilst I have not been here since the start (honest), though … Continue reading
One of the common questions that I get asked, generally and by journalists and students, is ‘what is going on in retailing?’ There are many ways to answer this, and in the various presentations I do, some of the themes … Continue reading
Regular readers of this blog will know about the work we do with the Local Data Company (LDC). As a University we are not alone in this. A couple of weeks ago I attended the LDC/CDRC Retail Thought Leadership event … Continue reading
Free lecture/discussion! If you are anywhere near Livingston next Tuesday (22nd May) evening and want a couple of hours dicsussing retailing, then there is a free event at West Lothian College from 1800-2000. There are various speakers as in the … Continue reading
I am Welsh by birth and upbringing, though have lived in Scotland for almost the last 30 years, so there was a fair degree of spluttering into my muesli-encrusted white sausage supper the other night. A few deep fried Mars … Continue reading