Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Scotland: Housing to 2040
- Fighting Fit? Independent Convenience Stores and the Public Health Agenda
- Going Self-Service - a 70 year old revolution?
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Confidence, Cash and Friction: Shopping in Scotland
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Education
I’ve mentioned it a couple of times in this blog, but more often on Twitter – 2017/18 is the 50th Anniversary of the founding of the University of Stirling. Whilst I have not been here since the start (honest), though … Continue reading
One of the common questions that I get asked, generally and by journalists and students, is ‘what is going on in retailing?’ There are many ways to answer this, and in the various presentations I do, some of the themes … Continue reading
Regular readers of this blog will know about the work we do with the Local Data Company (LDC). As a University we are not alone in this. A couple of weeks ago I attended the LDC/CDRC Retail Thought Leadership event … Continue reading
Free lecture/discussion! If you are anywhere near Livingston next Tuesday (22nd May) evening and want a couple of hours dicsussing retailing, then there is a free event at West Lothian College from 1800-2000. There are various speakers as in the … Continue reading
I am Welsh by birth and upbringing, though have lived in Scotland for almost the last 30 years, so there was a fair degree of spluttering into my muesli-encrusted white sausage supper the other night. A few deep fried Mars … Continue reading