Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Scottish and Online Retail Sales in Lockdown
- Try Before You Buy: A ‘Returns Tsunami’?
- Research Projects
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Place Based Loyalty
- Shopping with Confidence?
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- Retail Focused Funded PhD Available - Suburban Mobility: Shopping and Older People
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Edinburgh
On a regular basis I get emails offering content for this blog. Most are ‘cold calls’ selling some product/service or other. Unless they are from a company/person I already know in some way, they get rather short shrift. Just before … Continue reading
Last Friday afternoon I attended a launch of the new Amazon inspired and supported Clicks and Mortar store in the Waverley Mall, Edinburgh. This is the third such store and the first in Scotland; ten are planned in total over … Continue reading
Thursday’s much trailed announcement that House of Fraser was aiming to close 31 of its 59 stores in the UK and was seeking large rent reductions on those that remain, all as part of a seemingly contested CVA, was the … Continue reading
Anyone following my twitter feed (@sparks_stirling) will have encountered my fascination and interest in ghost signs. It has also been included in some musings from me and a guest contribution to this blog. I had a previous tendency to focus … Continue reading