Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Tracking the Impact of Lockdown on Retailers
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
- Retailing, Shopping and Covid-19
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Only in America?
- Journal Articles 2020
- Supermarket Nightmares: Keeping your Distance
- Retail Armageddon
- Turning Around another Supertanker; Marks and Spencer
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Downtown
In one of the many ironies of destroying my knee in May, we were left with a race against time to see if I was fit enough to go on a booked holiday in late August and early September. Would … Continue reading
The next two days will see almost 200 delegates from across the world and the UK assemble in Edinburgh for the inaugural World Towns Leadership Summit. Stemming from an initial idea from the International Downtown Association, picked up by the … Continue reading
There are many reasons why out-of-town development/greenfield development is the preferred option for many activities and development. Beyond retail we see cinemas, offices, hotels, sports facilities, schools – the list goes on – moving out of town centres. Some of … Continue reading
Reflecting on the almost four and a half years of doing this blog, there appear to be two dominant themes. Not surprisingly for a Professor of Retail Studies, there has been a fair amount about retailing and the changing fortunes … Continue reading