Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Catching Up?
- Turning Around another Supertanker; Marks and Spencer
- Yours for £1 (not really)
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Are Retailers Social Engineers?
- Shops opening and expanding, queues outside: the High Street picture that’s not making the national news
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- A Lidl Surprise?
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Twin Towns
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Downtown
In one of the many ironies of destroying my knee in May, we were left with a race against time to see if I was fit enough to go on a booked holiday in late August and early September. Would … Continue reading
The next two days will see almost 200 delegates from across the world and the UK assemble in Edinburgh for the inaugural World Towns Leadership Summit. Stemming from an initial idea from the International Downtown Association, picked up by the … Continue reading
There are many reasons why out-of-town development/greenfield development is the preferred option for many activities and development. Beyond retail we see cinemas, offices, hotels, sports facilities, schools – the list goes on – moving out of town centres. Some of … Continue reading
Reflecting on the almost four and a half years of doing this blog, there appear to be two dominant themes. Not surprisingly for a Professor of Retail Studies, there has been a fair amount about retailing and the changing fortunes … Continue reading