Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
02.08.2018 2018 Publications updated to include three new articles
12.07.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Trading Places: our Town and Country Planning Columns
- Tesco Trails
- Shops opening and expanding, queues outside: the High Street picture that’s not making the national news
- A (Retail) Sense of Place
- Turning Around another Supertanker; Marks and Spencer
- The ‘squeezed middle’ and the domino effect in the grocery supply chain
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
- Tartan Cents: Linking the Scottish Global Diaspora
- HoF: House of Fools?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Digital
We are all getting older, even if many of us are feeling younger than our chronological age. The ageing of the population is a recurrent theme cutting across topics and activities. But, in all of the discussion, there is a … Continue reading
It has been a while since I have written about Tesco, Marmite excepting, and the last few times I did, I used the analogy of a supertanker and the relative slowness at which lumbering retail giants see their strategies take … Continue reading
For most in Scotland, November 9th will probably be recalled as the day President Trump became a reality. The irony that that day was the 27th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall will not be lost on some … Continue reading
The flagship national event of Scotland’s Towns Week is Scotland’s Towns Conference, held this year on the 19th November, in the magnificent Paisley Town Hall. Organised by Scotland’s Towns Partnership – Scotland’s ‘go-to’ organisation for Scotland’s Towns – this year’s … Continue reading