Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
- Scottish and Online Retail Sales in Lockdown
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Confidence, Cash and Friction: Shopping in Scotland
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Does Footfall Matter?
- Shopping with Confidence?
- Retail Focused Funded PhD Available - Suburban Mobility: Shopping and Older People
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Diet and Health
The last 2019 Cross Party Group for Independent Convenience Stores, held last week, was a cracker. With all the excitement of the AGM (not really), it was almost too much to have three excellent presentations on retailing and the public … Continue reading
The Scottish diet has become a short-hand for unhealthy living. All the evidence points to its stubborn lack of change despite information, exhortation and even small measures of legislation. Whilst retailers and manufacturers have taken some actions on reformulation of … Continue reading
I’ve always enjoyed travelling by train. Maybe this stems from my grandfather being a blacksmith by trade and when I was young seeing him working on steam engines in Tondu sheds. Or perhaps it comes from being packed off on … Continue reading
Regular readers of this blog will be aware of my passion for Welsh rugby, fresh food and especially markets. Every so often the stars align and we take ourselves off to Rome where all can be indulged. And so it … Continue reading
The last few weeks of 2016 saw the release in early view of two new articles on which I am co-author. Both are slightly unrelated directly to retailing, but they do have tangential interest for those who know my broader … Continue reading