Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Great Expectations
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Openings and Closures in 2020 - but of what?
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- Footfall, Curfews and Data
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Development Trusts
Downloadable versions of this post are available here (word) and here (pdf). The attraction of many international delegates to the inaugural World Towns Summit in Edinburgh in June 2016 was eloquent testimony to the perception that Scotland has led the … Continue reading
A number of my colleagues have at times questioned why I bother with this retail blog or engage with Twitter. They tend to view such activity as essentially pointless or potentially taking them away from their research and other activity. … Continue reading
In retrospect it was a shame that the first Scotland’s Towns Partnership Roadshow was held in Galashiels earlier this week. Not of course, because it was Galashiels, but rather because the re-opening of the Borders Railway is still a few … Continue reading
“See the world as you want it to be, not the way it is” There’s been much discussion over the last few years about the need for a new narrative or story for Scotland’s Town Centres, not least in the … Continue reading