Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
- Scottish and Online Retail Sales in Lockdown
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Confidence, Cash and Friction: Shopping in Scotland
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Does Footfall Matter?
- Shopping with Confidence?
- Retail Focused Funded PhD Available - Suburban Mobility: Shopping and Older People
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Development Trusts
Downloadable versions of this post are available here (word) and here (pdf). The attraction of many international delegates to the inaugural World Towns Summit in Edinburgh in June 2016 was eloquent testimony to the perception that Scotland has led the … Continue reading
A number of my colleagues have at times questioned why I bother with this retail blog or engage with Twitter. They tend to view such activity as essentially pointless or potentially taking them away from their research and other activity. … Continue reading
In retrospect it was a shame that the first Scotland’s Towns Partnership Roadshow was held in Galashiels earlier this week. Not of course, because it was Galashiels, but rather because the re-opening of the Borders Railway is still a few … Continue reading
“See the world as you want it to be, not the way it is” There’s been much discussion over the last few years about the need for a new narrative or story for Scotland’s Town Centres, not least in the … Continue reading