Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Christmas may be Cancelled
- Understanding Scottish Places: O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us
- A Lidl Surprise?
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- The ‘squeezed middle’ and the domino effect in the grocery supply chain
- Retail Disruptors - the spectacular rise and impact of the hard discounters
- Vacancies and Store Closures
- Food and Retailing Cultures: Zaragoza
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Dark Stores
I make no apologies for returning to two businesses I have discussed before on this blog – namely Tesco and the Co-operative Group/Movement – after all, they were the leading retail stories in the days before Easter, and both look … Continue reading
At the recent World Retail Congress in Singapore, Scott Price, CEO Wal-Mart Asia made the statement that ‘you can’t be a good retailer unless you’re good at logistics’. Regular readers of this blog know that this is a theme I … Continue reading