Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Great Expectations
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Openings and Closures in 2020 - but of what?
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- Footfall, Curfews and Data
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: CVA
In my last post, I considered some of the best and worst behaviours we have seen in food retailing during the COVID-19 crisis to date. Now we have the Government lockdown and the splitting of retailing into essential and non-essential … Continue reading
There are not many reasons for feeling sorry for Philip Green (see my earlier blogs here here and here and those were before the latest American and other revelations), but the fact that he is in such a weakened state … Continue reading
It is necessary to start this blog post by reflecting that underneath the news stories and headlines are real personal stories in which individuals are losing their jobs. Too often it is easy to focus on the store closure and … Continue reading
Thursday’s much trailed announcement that House of Fraser was aiming to close 31 of its 59 stores in the UK and was seeking large rent reductions on those that remain, all as part of a seemingly contested CVA, was the … Continue reading