Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
16.08.2018 New article added to the publications section
02.08.2018 Publications updated to include three new articles
12.07.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Putting Towns on the Policy Map: Understanding Scottish Places (USP) and Data
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Time Out in Lisbon: Part One
- Journal Articles 2017
- Trading Places: our Town and Country Planning Columns
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Competition
This just popped up in my Twitter timeline; a tweet from James Timpson, announcing that Timpson’s had just opened their 2000th store. Now I am pretty sure that Twitter timelines reflect personality traits (hello, Cambridge Analytica, I’ll save you the … Continue reading
The other day I received an email saying that the 2016-2017 Annual Review of the Retail Think Tank was available. It can be accessed and downloaded from here. The Retail Think Tank is just over 10 years old, being conceived … Continue reading
Under the headline “Retailers urge Holyrood policy change to stem decline”, Scotland on Sunday on the 11th September (article here) reported on a ‘call to arms’ from the Scottish Retail Consortium (SRC) arguing for more support from the Scottish Government … Continue reading