Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Policy Interventions for Healthier Diets: Insights from Scotland
- A Lidl Surprise?
- The Scottish Diet and Retail Shops
- Are Retailers Social Engineers?
- Food, health and data: developing transformative food retailing
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- "Destination High Street - Restoring Vibrancy to Scotland's Towns"
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Community Development
It was an eye-catching gimmick, and it did the job, getting media coverage (and me onto the radio (again)). In early February, at a London auction The Postings shopping centre in Kirkcaldy was put up for sale with a reserve … Continue reading
A number of my colleagues have at times questioned why I bother with this retail blog or engage with Twitter. They tend to view such activity as essentially pointless or potentially taking them away from their research and other activity. … Continue reading
Early on in 2013 Julian Dobson (director of Urban Pollinators Ltd) visited Stirling and we had an interesting discussion about the state of British retailing, high streets and town centres. He had asked to come up and chat as part … Continue reading
I am not wholly convinced about Small Business Saturday, which took place on the 6th December. Another US import, it is now in its second year in this country. It has had an impact and a lot of publicity and … Continue reading