Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- The Next Ten Years of Grocery Retailing?
- Yours for £1 (not really)
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- A Lidl Surprise?
- "Destination High Street - Restoring Vibrancy to Scotland's Towns"
- Some thoughts on the ASOS profit warning
- So you think you know Scottish Towns?
- Do Times Change? Cardiff Market
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Community Co-operatives
A little while ago I put up the photograph above on Twitter of three Co-operative Society tokens I had found; in this case from the Pontycymmer Industrial and Co-operative Society for a large loaf and one pint and a half … Continue reading
A number of my colleagues have at times questioned why I bother with this retail blog or engage with Twitter. They tend to view such activity as essentially pointless or potentially taking them away from their research and other activity. … Continue reading
A quarter of a century or so ago I was fortunate enough to be awarded a Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Travelling Fellowship. As part of that I ended up in Seattle and interviewed various executives and family from Nordstrom, the … Continue reading
A November day out in Dunfermline; what could be more pleasant or stimulating? But, a day out at Scotland’s Towns Conference – oh the added value of it all. So, to the Glen Pavilion on the 16th November it was, … Continue reading