Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
May 2021 – Journal Articles page updated with two new academic papers in Planning, Theory and Practice, and Sustainability, joining our Ageing & Society paper
March 2021 – Personal Biography redesigned and updated
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
Top Posts & Pages
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- National Planning Framework 4 - the consultation
- Should every encouragement have an equal and opposite discouragement?
- Retail Impact Assessments: Time for a Rethink?
- Fighting Fit? Independent Convenience Stores and the Public Health Agenda
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- A New Future for Scotland's Town Centres - (1) Introduction to our Report
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Community Co-operatives
A little while ago I put up the photograph above on Twitter of three Co-operative Society tokens I had found; in this case from the Pontycymmer Industrial and Co-operative Society for a large loaf and one pint and a half … Continue reading
A number of my colleagues have at times questioned why I bother with this retail blog or engage with Twitter. They tend to view such activity as essentially pointless or potentially taking them away from their research and other activity. … Continue reading
A quarter of a century or so ago I was fortunate enough to be awarded a Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Travelling Fellowship. As part of that I ended up in Seattle and interviewed various executives and family from Nordstrom, the … Continue reading
A November day out in Dunfermline; what could be more pleasant or stimulating? But, a day out at Scotland’s Towns Conference – oh the added value of it all. So, to the Glen Pavilion on the 16th November it was, … Continue reading