Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- "Destination High Street - Restoring Vibrancy to Scotland's Towns"
- Taxing Matters for Retailers
- Books and Booksellers
- A Lidl Surprise?
- A (Retail) Sense of Place
- The Scottish Diet and Retail Shops
- Shops opening and expanding, queues outside: the High Street picture that’s not making the national news
- Twin Towns
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: CMA
The pressures in the food retailing sector – especially for the ‘legacy’ operators – are well known and continue to build. The rise of the discounters (see the last post), the continuing growth of the internet and the consumer demand … Continue reading →
A couple of weeks have gone by since the notion of a merger of Asda and Sainsbury began to be debated in the media. During that time I wondered whether to add to the coverage via this blog or to … Continue reading →
It has been quite a few weeks for Tesco, currently ending in the positive column. The recent interim results showed quite a lot of commercial progress and the intended restoration of the dividend cheered the City considerably. The trials of … Continue reading →