Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Fighting Fit? Independent Convenience Stores and the Public Health Agenda
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Herkku Food Market Delicatessen – Helsinki
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Taxing Times: Tesco and Poland
- Scotland's Towns Conference 2019
- A Lidl Surprise?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: CMA
One of the by-products of our data rich age, is that more data is available ever more frequently. Our attention spans have collapsed and if we don’t get a weekly, daily or hourly update then we begin to panic. And … Continue reading →
If this was a boxing match, then the result was a clear knockout, perhaps to the surprise of some onlookers. As one of my followers on Twitter noted, it is nice to see a regulator regulating. In this case, it … Continue reading →
The pressures in the food retailing sector – especially for the ‘legacy’ operators – are well known and continue to build. The rise of the discounters (see the last post), the continuing growth of the internet and the consumer demand … Continue reading →
A couple of weeks have gone by since the notion of a merger of Asda and Sainsbury began to be debated in the media. During that time I wondered whether to add to the coverage via this blog or to … Continue reading →
It has been quite a few weeks for Tesco, currently ending in the positive column. The recent interim results showed quite a lot of commercial progress and the intended restoration of the dividend cheered the City considerably. The trials of … Continue reading →