Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Retailing in Scotland's Largest Towns and Cities 2015
- Journal Articles 2019
- A Lidl Surprise?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Retail Disruptors - the spectacular rise and impact of the hard discounters
- The Future of Shopping Centres in Scotland's Towns
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Unlocking the Potential of Scotland's Towns
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Christmas
The ASOS news this week was to many something of a surprise, but in reality it really shouldn’t be. A profit warning on Monday wiped almost 40% off its share price and impacted other retailers as well. Many of these … Continue reading
I’ve mentioned it a couple of times in this blog, but more often on Twitter – 2017/18 is the 50th Anniversary of the founding of the University of Stirling. Whilst I have not been here since the start (honest), though … Continue reading
For the last four years, mid December has seen the release of the latest edition of the Local Data Company/University of Stirling Retail report on the situation of retailing in the major towns and cities across Scotland. Last Tuesday saw … Continue reading
The issue of opening hours for shops is something that has been an ever-present during my time as an academic. The product-based absurdities of the late 1970s and early 1980s were eventually swept away as opening hours were modernised and … Continue reading
I suspect that my interest in markets was sparked at a young age when my father would take me to the livestock market and my mother would take me to the open-air market (Cheapside) and to the covered food market, … Continue reading