Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
May 2021 – Journal Articles page updated with two new academic papers in Planning, Theory and Practice, and Sustainability, joining our Ageing & Society paper
March 2021 – Personal Biography redesigned and updated
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
Top Posts & Pages
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- How is Coronavirus affecting the UK's Retail Sector?
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- "Whose Town is it Anyway?" Reflections on Scotland's Towns Conference
- Donald Garvin Harris OBE 1938-2013
- Tesco Trails
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Charrettes
Downloadable versions of this post are available here (word) and here (pdf). The attraction of many international delegates to the inaugural World Towns Summit in Edinburgh in June 2016 was eloquent testimony to the perception that Scotland has led the … Continue reading
In retrospect it was a shame that the first Scotland’s Towns Partnership Roadshow was held in Galashiels earlier this week. Not of course, because it was Galashiels, but rather because the re-opening of the Borders Railway is still a few … Continue reading
I attended a couple of events at the end of last week which caused me to feel a little more positive about some of the things going on in Scotland in terms of retailing and towns. On Thursday I was … Continue reading