Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Towns: Time for some good news
- "No Town Immune": Data and reporting
- Shops opening and expanding, queues outside: the High Street picture that’s not making the national news
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Small Business Saturday and Craft Town Scotland
- Media Commentary 2020
- Town Centre Regeneration - Learning Lessons?
- It's Incredible
- High Streets for Consumers or High Streets for Citizens?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Catalogues
The rise of the internet as a channel of purchase and distribution has been a major transformation for consumers and also for many retailers. Whilst distance selling including mail order had been present for centuries, the internet offers a radically … Continue reading
I am useless at DIY as anyone who knows me can testify. I can wield a hammer but other tools are beyond me, and whilst in my long ago youth I spent a golden summer as a brickie’s labourer, no … Continue reading
So the received wisdom about Christmas is that it was an online one. Retailers with good online offers – or perhaps more accurately – compelling multi-channel approaches, did really well, and those without, well, did without, Thus the march onwards … Continue reading