Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Christmas may be Cancelled
- Understanding Scottish Places: O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us
- A Lidl Surprise?
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- The ‘squeezed middle’ and the domino effect in the grocery supply chain
- Retail Disruptors - the spectacular rise and impact of the hard discounters
- Vacancies and Store Closures
- Food and Retailing Cultures: Zaragoza
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Aldi
The rise of the hard discounters is a well-observed phenomenon of continuing research endeavour and commentary. In the UK, as is well known, Aldi and Lidl have captured considerable market share over the last decade. ‘Retail Disruptors’ by Jan-Benedict Steenkamp … Continue reading
UK Grocery Market Shares are a little dependent on who you believe. In my case, I have chosen one group (initially TNS, subsequently taken over by Kantar) and stuck with them. I have wanted not to focus on the short-term … Continue reading
Some of you will recall that the Scottish Grocers Federation (SGF) organised a Study Day this year to Musselburgh, with the aim of looking at what the discounters have to offer and the competition that they “provide” to local convenience … Continue reading