Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Town Centre Regeneration - Learning Lessons?
- How is Coronavirus affecting the UK's Retail Sector?
- Does Footfall Matter?
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- HoF: House of Fools?
- Orkney - the Second Leg
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Vacancies and Store Closures
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Aldi
The rise of the hard discounters is a well-observed phenomenon of continuing research endeavour and commentary. In the UK, as is well known, Aldi and Lidl have captured considerable market share over the last decade. ‘Retail Disruptors’ by Jan-Benedict Steenkamp … Continue reading
UK Grocery Market Shares are a little dependent on who you believe. In my case, I have chosen one group (initially TNS, subsequently taken over by Kantar) and stuck with them. I have wanted not to focus on the short-term … Continue reading
Some of you will recall that the Scottish Grocers Federation (SGF) organised a Study Day this year to Musselburgh, with the aim of looking at what the discounters have to offer and the competition that they “provide” to local convenience … Continue reading