Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
12.02.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
22.1.18 A little bit of post new year tidying up and updating done, especially in relation to media
Top Posts & Pages
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Scottish Grocers’ Federation Retail Excellence Awards 2014: Store of the Year
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Hail The Town! The Scottish Town in the Age of the Enlightenment
- The Wonder of Woolies - continued
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Scotland's Shops and Shopfronts: history and future?
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Alcohol
The SNP Government, in the form of Nicola Sturgeon, has announced today that the minimum price per unit of alcohol will be 50p in Scotland. With most party support and the inbuilt majority in any case, this will soon become … Continue reading
Scotland’s relationship with fags and booze has been one of the main foci for this government. It is, as I’ve argued before, the fig leaf behind which hypocrisy, sorry modesty, is preserved, as in the laughably titled ‘health levy’. But … Continue reading